Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I don't like needles.

It’s roughly half past one in the morning and I’m sitting in the lounge watching Trainspotting for the first time ever, and it’s really quite good, I’ve got the feeling I’m going to have to read the book, which I’ve heard is all done with local dialect Glaswegian and that sounds most fun.

It’s a proper old vhs copy borrowed from Nathalie rediscovered during some packing of boxes for the moving day which is in a few days time, most excited for that I’ve obviously got a strange streak to my personality where in lies a desire to pack things away into boxes and label them. Also hovering, I had great fun moving sofas and hovering today, I think it just works when it’s not my house I’m having to tidy up and such. I also like mowing lawns, even though the smell of freshly mowed lawn gets right into my lungs and sets my asthma off a treat. It’s just nice watching something go from unruly to having lovely symmetrical lines within half an hour.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bless, maybe I do desire the simpler things in life, they’re mostly free, once you deduct the price of your lawnmower of course. I do however still enjoy the complex and more tasking elements of life. Organising friends for one, friends with the desire to go out 4 times a week on the lash and no real regard for logistics or money. So it would seem that on Thursday I’m catching up with my dear friend Philip, Friday I’m taking in Bright Eyes followed by a catch up with friends from the lower year in school and Saturday spent with all of the above plus some more in the local sleeze club dancing to all the favourites a little bit out of it, but not enough to forget where I live.

Seeing Bright Eyes is something I’ve been waiting about two years for and I simply can’t wait for all that to arise, getting to see the boy genius play Poison Oak may well complete a very good week, or be the peak of the week, I’m not sure, either way I’m getting a poster to commemorate the event, and then hang it on my wall when I go to university and look back upon it fondly when I’m feeling more than a slight homesick.

So far I’ve got a bit of Biffy, Brody, Jamie T and The Blood Arm to make my wall look a little bit more exciting, and I think somebody that I’ve forgotten about possibly…but yes, Bright Eyes will be added and he’ll look down on me with his now huge massive crazy hair and tell me that life isn’t so bad, I could have his terrible hair and that maybe one day if I hope and dream and try very hard I could have his way with words. For the same reason I’m going to stick a Morrissey vinyl cover on my way, he’s a modern day wordsmith if there ever was one, take his lyrics apart and they read like any poet which he dedicated his youth too, they’d be proud of anything off The Queen Is Dead. Almighty stuff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some songs then, because I’m compelled -

The Smiths - Reel Around The Fountain


Bright Eyes - Four Winds

Hopefully you'll find Reel Around The Fountain utterly gorgeous, and Four Winds impossible not to toe tap too.

Good night and sweet multicoloured dreams.

xx

2 comments:

Loz8188 said...

Yeah i upholstered it : )
Amazing what you can do with an old Laura Ashley curtain, gasmask screenprinting, a needle, lots of thread and my favourite textile tool the NAIL GUN!!
Oh yeah! : )
Bright Eyes?
Poison Oak?
Reminds me of every mixed cd you ever made me! : )
have funs boyo and i expect some photographic documentation!
x

Anonymous said...

I've neve seen Trainspotting, the bit about the baby put me off (I'm a softie) but I have seen bits and Mark loves his books and I'd say you would too as you are so similar!
such a sweet comment on my space, you miss my words, that made me smile lots!
take care, Black Country Boy
GG
x