Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You remind me of the babe


Alright ladies,

Hello and all that, how are you? It’s been a fair long while, though that’s understandable and all. I’ve been undergoing some major work on the old leg. But I’m happy to announce that it’s all fine and dandy and is getting better by the day. Today for instance I walked round uni all day without my helping metal stick. Which is fairly impressive, due to the fact that it’s a 10-9 day. Albeit with a 5 hour gap in the middle. But still quite asking, my knee pulled through, dam right.

Hm, tell you what, I’m well up for getting drunk. Not disorderly. Just drunk. With the dancing and the hands in the air, dancing a bit like a cross between Morrissey and Marr swaying like Robert Smith and smiling like Bowie from Labyrinth. Which for the record is fantastic, download Magic Dance. Strewth, it’s no Starman, but it’s better than that shite he did with Mick Jagger. Worth it alone for seeing his hair in action and for that matter, his groin. It’s got a prominent role.

So yeah, up for snobs, it’s a veritable wonderment of a place, cheap as chips and next door to a chippie. Curry and chips is my tip to head off the hang-over. I’ve never been sick at uni, I was very close after Shaun’s birthday and a bottle of southern comfort and a cigarette of a guy called Dan(?) (You might need to verify that) which to be fair had a burnt electrical wire quality. That evening apparently ended with me Lecturing Emma on the virtues of The Smiths and her nearly losing a finger in a door. Sorriest all round.

You know what, I’m nearly up to being 6 months off the pace of the youth of today, Bloc Party – Flux is well good, I’ve always liked Bloc Party doing either soft gay love songs or balls out rock, but turns out they can display their balls whilst turning out dance music too, I bet the Klaxons are gathering their flouresant clothing vouchers from Topman and convincing each other they “had a good run”. Bloc Party were ace the moment I saw them on the NME tour 2005. World famous that tour, Kaiser Chiefs/Futureheads/Bloc Party/The Killers all for £14. That’s a festival day pass now. That plus the singer bloke said hello to me.

This week I shall be going up to the town of Wolverhampton with hopefully as many friends as I can muster and paint the town a pale red. I might even wear something nice. Off to see Nouvelle Vague who are classy covers, pretty sexy covers. A female vocal based band I like, heaven forefend. And then dancing (most likely with one leg more than the other) with my Nathalie, having our second Valentines together, unfortunately not on the real day but pretty darn close.

So yeah, helloooooooooooo life with a new leg.