Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ones to watch #3

South Park


Now then now then, this has been quite a turn around for me personally. I can remember watching South Park with my best mate in year five laughing because the characters said 'Fuck' and 'bastard' a lot. I even did my talk on South Park in year 7, I loved that friggin show. But then I fell out of love with it. Why? Well it got a bit rubbish, and it got put on at around half midnight on a thursday and I really couldn't be bothered to continue to care about it.

However, the greatness of being a lazy student I looked upon the new series of South Park (now into it's eleventh for crimenys sake!) and found myself laughing. Lots. I looked back on older episodes and found that yes, while there's swearing and crude jokes there's also a hell of a lot of intellegant script writing, in their own way South Park creaters Matt and Trey have covered climate change numerous times...without ever having to reference it directly. They're very smart, and more importantly inventive and funny. Satire is a hell of a tool and in the current infrastructure of American media it's one of the only tools left with which to sneak agendas in under the radar, and they do it superbly.

See as many episodes as takes your fancy here

And on a side note, apparently this is what I'd look like if I were from South Park

Tattie bye!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: